Monday, November 3, 2014

Calligraphy musings: old & new

I've been meaning to create a regular section for all of my calligraphy musings but it's still in the process. I haven't made the time to religiously practice my calligraphy on a nightly basis... no new news. I'm quickly filling up the capacity on a new and more organized hard drive, so all of my musings are a bit more easier to find and access whenever I please. NTS: purchase 10 terabyte hard drive to last a good few years as the size of everything increases monumentally throughout the years.

Calligraphy is one of my newfound hobbies and passions. It's one of the most time consuming, yet most liberating of all my hobbies, but I have definitely sparked an extreme interest for this art. It's been about a year since I've been practicing and there's still so much to learn. The feeling of the tangible is just something I can't live without. I've been experimenting a lot since I've started: I've been experimenting with all types of paper. It sure does make such a difference to have the right tools for any sort of trade; I've been experimenting with different mediums: brushes, markers, inks, nibs and gouache; and I've been experimenting with different styles all of which are more pressure-based (as opposed to angle-based calligraphy) because each writing instrument produces different results. I have still yet to achieve a style to call mine but for now I'm just getting used to all of my writing instruments while I work on other side projects corresponding to calligraphy on my super long bucket list of which ironically I have yet to write down.








No comments:

Post a Comment