Friday, January 25, 2013

The cities that I dream are not the cities that have been

During Christmas vacation, some of my friends got together for a vacation in Las Vegas. It was my first time being away from home an ocean away with friends. I would say we had quite an enjoyable time - no stress, eating, sight seeing, drinking, dancing, fun, fun and more fun - the typical lifestyle of a tourist in the city that never sleeps. 

Five days later I headed to San Francisco, and frankly I didn't like cold weather. However, I did enjoy exploring downtown during Christmas time - the perfect time to walk around during night with a hot drink in your hand as you enjoy the stores, decorations, lights and sidewalk entertainment. Other than the lack of vast exploration, I was with friends and their families, then I got sick, but after spending time in Las Vegas lacking hours of sleep, it was good to stay in a city that allowed for sleep.

Last but not least, I went to Los Angeles. My budget and cold hindered what could have been a grand vacation so I wasn't able to see much but that's enough for me to say I'll be back. With the endless array of fashionable shops, eclectic lounges, blocks and blocks full of art, there's always something that's fascinating in my eyes. But until then Los Angeles, I'll be back for you, the city of (my) dreams.







No comments:

Post a Comment